Friday, October 22, 2010

It's a.....

I know i haven't even posted that I'm pregnant with #5, so this is kinda a 2 in 1 post!  So, I'm about 19 weeks pregnant, and that makes the due date around March 20th.  i was hoping for a boy, SO BAD.  derek was praying for a girl.  (he thinks raising a teenage boy would be torture!)  katelyn and annie were hoping and literally praying for a little brother.  sami thought it would be a girl.  so we took all the girls (except katelyn) to the ultrasound.  the technician was awesome.  he asked if we wanted to know the sex and when we said yes he did that first.  all the other times the techs have made us wait until the very end of the ultrasound to find out... which is torture!  so the tech tells us the baby is spread-eagle and it could be a really ugly girl, but he was 98% sure it was a BOY!  i started laughing and derek was in shock.  it was hilarious!  he really never thought we would have a boy.  he was happy the baby is healthy, but i think it took him a good day to get really excited.  now he's always telling me to "take care of his boy."  after the ultrasound we took the girls to maverick to get a treat.  we decided to get katelyn a blue icee to tell her.  when we got home she run up to the car and asked what it was.  derek handed her the icee and i asked her what color it was.  she looked at it and then started laughing and crying.  she was so happy!!!!  i wish i had her reaction on video... it was priceless!  anyway, we are all really excited!  kristina and shanna are both having boys too, so it works out perfectly!

10 comments:

Jaimie said...

I had no idea you were pregnant with #5. That is so awesome. And I can't even tell you how happy I am for you that it's a boy this time. Having 3 boys in a row I know how neat it would be to get to have a girl. So, it'll be so fun for all of you to have a boy. Plus... it gives me a little hope that if I try again I may luck out and get a girl. Oh, and I love how you told the good news to Katelyn with a blue icee. You and your husband are such fun parents. I wish we lived closer and could hang out with your family. Congratulations!!!

The Biggs said...

WOW! #5? CONGRATULATIONS! I'm only on #3 and due about a month after you. So excited that you're having a boy - they really are so fun and different. Teenage boys, on the other hand, scare me a little too!

Katie Hansen said...

Wow, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sure you were excited. I'm so happy for you. Boys are great. Just buzz their little heads and kick them outside.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS on the boy!

Christina Mangelson said...

YAY!!!! I knew it was a boy. Derek is going to LOVE having a son. Congrats you two.

todd and jeanette said...

we are so very excited for you guys! that is wonderful that you are having a little boy!!!

Olivia said...

Congrats on the big news! That is going to be one spoiled little boy. I'm so excited for you guys. You will see boys are a lot different but they are so much fun. Congrats again.

Bleak's said...

Ahhhhhh! (a scream of joy) I am so excited for you guys! Oh you will love a boy. They are seriously so much fun. And yes we have an amazing baby girl. I think I am finally used to having one. Changing diapers was the biggest change. You just wait. :) You are going to have 4 great big helpers. Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures of the little man to come. Hopefully we get to see you guys again too!

The Kahumokus said...

OH.MY.HECK! I am so exicted for you. So do you think I'd finally get a girl on magic number 5? Boys are WONDERFUL!

This is off topic but remember back in high school when you were seminary pres. and we had missionary week? What were each of the days? I remember inviting a friend, dressing as missionaries, bringing my scriptures to school...and then I'm drawing a blank. I guess it was too long ago. :) Please let me know if you can remember. wknn at hotmail dot com THANK YOU!

Sugar Jars said...

Wow that is so exciting, and to have a boy that is awesome. You girls are darling I love all the pictures of boating and having fun, what a fun mom you are!
Alisa