Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February, FRIDAY the 13th

HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY ANNIE!


on the 12th derek left for oregon for a trial team competition. the night before any of my kids birthdays i decorate with streamers and stuff. that night i felt so crappy, so i decorated...but not too much. friday morning at about 5:30am i got a phone call from the girls' school informing me that school was cancelled due to the weather. i got up and looked out the window and it was cloudy. tired and confused i just went back to bed. i had been sick with a sinus infection for a few days and i was kinda out of it. my plan for annie's birthday was to get up friday morning and go get her present, cake etc...while she was at school. then after school we had a party planned at "pump it up". i hadn't felt good all week, so i left all the shopping for friday morning. well, by 8:55am the snow was coming down and at 9:30am i tried to leave and there was already so much snow i couldn't get out of my parking lot. (above: this is what you do on your birthday when it's a blizzard outside and your mom can't get off the couch!!) ya, so there's poor annie, no present from her family, no birthday party because it had to be rescheduled, no school, no dad, a sick mom, and there's a blizzard outside!! oh, and she said, "you didn't decorate as much as you usually do, but my chairs looks pretty." luckily i have the most fabulous friends. allie took sami for me for a couple hours in the morning and helped out with dinner. shauna planned a little party for annie. she decorated with pink streamers and balloons etc. we went over to her house to eat and stuff. they saved me. oh, i did let annie and katelyn make cupcakes...luckily allie had a cake mix and frosting!! anyway, on saturday i took the girls to walmart and katie picked out annie's present. she wanted to get her "real" makeup so we pick out powder, eyeshadow, lipstick, blush, and even mascara! oh, and katie got her a little pink, sparkly caboodle. annie was very happy with the gift and now my girls go around everywhere looking like "ladies of the night"!!! sunday night derek came home...THANK GOODNESS! monday morning we had annie's birthday party at Pump It Up. i think the kids had a great time. and even more important...i didn't have to do anything but show up! oh, we got annie's cake at costco. it had strawberry filling and all the kids were freaking out because there was strawberry jam on the cake! that was cracking me up!

i was thinking back 6 years to when annie was born. she was my easiest delivery, but my hardest baby. i can't believe how fast time has gone by. she has grown up to be a beautiful girl. these are the youngest pictures i have of her on my computer...i haven't gotten around to scanning the pics from before the digital age!!! she is and has always been hilarious. she reminds me a lot of my brother...just a goof. she loves to make people laugh. she talks nonstop like my sister! she is fashion savvy. she loves looking pretty. she loves to get dirty. she wants her hair to look perfect. she loves having her arms, back, face, legs rubbed and tickled. she loves to snuggle. she loves her sisters...to the point she's smothering!!! ;) she is sensitive. she's a drama queen! she's our not so little blue-eyed annie bannanie.

11 comments:

Jaimie said...

Happy Birthday Annie. Wow... you were in a real mess on her birthday. It's hard being a mom and being sick. Who is gonna take care of us? Sounds like your friends really stepped up and made her birthday so special. That is really a touching story. Her birthday party on Monday looked like tons of fun with lots of good friends. Annie is soooo beautiful. It's fun to see a new post... I've missed you Angie!

Melinda said...

She is so cute I just want to squeeze her! I'm glad you have great friends to help you out. That was awesome of them.

Carol Swift said...

Such nice friends to help you out! Annie is beautiful like her mother.

Unknown said...

She is GORGEOUS! The 3rd to the bottom and the very bottom pic. our my fav. P.S. its ok if you can't get right to what you need to do, because in the end it looked like a hit and you pulled it off!

kristina said...

Yay for Shawna and Allie! I'm glad that pump-it-up worked out on Monday.

FYI- you can totally tell that you and derek have lost weight! woot woot.

Ruth said...

What a beautiful girl...just like her mother! Give her a squeeze from me!

todd and jeanette said...

all of your girls are just so incredibly beautiful. they look like their mama! i am glad that annie's birthday worked out- even if it wasn't as planned. village green is awesome- you can't beat the friends here! :)

Bonnie said...

She is such a beautiful girl. We had so much fun at the party, I'm sure it made up for the dreary Friday! (You still did great, don't be too hard on yourself!) I need to get some of your pics.

Shauna said...

The party was so fun, my boys had a fabulous time! GET BETTER!!!!!!!

JoAnna Anderson said...

Annie is such a darling girl who looks like she is growing up so quickly! I remember my first caboodle & makeup...oh so fun!

belliesue said...

I just love that girl. She's going to be the all around beauty queen. Too bad that Goates boy has first dibs. Hang in there! I can't believe Alexis is so big. I wish we could set up a baby date! What a cutie.