Tuesday, October 14, 2008

week 6

ok, so i've been dealing with some mental problems!!! i handle every emotion with food, but luckily i've gotten on my treadmill and some how i still am down 3 pounds. this is what i needed to get super motivated again. my friend christina is helping me with my food situation. she gave me a menu that tells me exactly when and what i eat. for me...that's what i need, because i have no self control if it's left up to me to decide. with her menu i don't have to think...i already know what i'm supposed to eat. i know weight watchers works really good, but instead of eating 6 points of something healthy for lunch, i eat 2 oreos (or more and don't count the points accurately)! another mental problem i have is that i sabotage myself. i'm scared to lose the weight. which makes no sense at all, because it's all i want. i'm not exactly sure why i'm scared...like i said...it makes no sense. so i'll get down to a certain weight and then eat like a pig, or stop working out so i don't go down anymore. i'm refusing to do that to myself this time. well, that's now true, because i already did it last week when i gained 2!! i'm refusing to do it again!!! so anyway, here's to a good week. thanks to everyone and your support!

61 - 3 = 58 lbs to go!!

9 comments:

Brittney said...

Keep up the good work Ang. I'd love to see that menu from Christina. I find that I eat well in the summer with fresh foods and fruit and all, but once it starts getting cold--bring on the cakes, breads, cookies, etc. So I'd really like to have an exact menu too! (Remember when we both did Weight Watchers online that one summer--we actually did pretty well!)

The Hamlin Family said...

Angie...your doing great!!! I think it's awesome that you are staying motivated and update each week. I'm in the same boat you are in. I'm trying my hardest to lose all this baby weight. I want to look semi-descent in a swim suit next summer. (I know...I have about 7 months...but I need ALL of them.) It wasn't a pretty sight being in a swim suit this summer being huge and pregnant!!!

Carol Swift said...

Angie I totally get what you're saying. I didn't lose any weight last week--Marie Callender's have all their pies for $6.99 each. Aargh! Keep it up Angie cuz you'll feel better in the end (or so I'm told.) :o)

Unknown said...

hang in there. Maybe making small goals along the way is a good idea. Also having some motivations. Maybe a few small ones with a big one on the end. For ex. fit into a tight Halloween costume, then go to Hawaii in a 2 piece suit next year. Oh wait, that's me. Well we will see right. I am not going to Hawaii with cottage cheese all over my patootie and thighs.

Shanna said...

Good job!! I am so not looking forward to having to lose my weight. I guess I better make the best of these next two months.

Ruth said...

One thing I learned from doing Weight Watchers is to set small goals like Carey said. Just concentrate on losing 10% of your total body weight. When you reach that goal reward yourself with something non-food related...like new shoes! Then start on the next 10%. It really helped me, but then I slacked off, and I'm needing to get back on it.

Yes, I would love the new catalog. I am Scentsy starved!!!

Suelyn said...

WAY TO GO!!

Melinda said...

I hear ya with the oreos thing. I do that alot. I think I really tried to eat better when I was always getting sick, so then my main focus was on just being healthy. It really helped. Maybe change the way you think about your diet. Don't focus on the weight so much as being healthy. A healthy life change. I don't know I could be full of crap. :)

Mindylou said...

You are doing great, and you look great. Maybe you should post pictures of yourself every couple of weeks as an extra accountability. I'll come eat your oreos for you if you want....